Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First day of training!

Today was my first day of brainwashing -- err, training I mean! I've learned so many things today. My most recent realization is that it's the food. That's how they get you! There is special Disney magic in the food and that's how they get you on board for all of the crazy things your job entails. How else would they do it? I'm serious. You wake up in the morning and you're like, "Wow. 6 is really early." Then you get on the bus and you're like, "Yup, 7 sucks too." Then you go through class for 4 hours and you're like, "Wow. These people are super weird!" Then you go to lunch. And everything starts changing. But it's not just the food. There are crazy things that happen. Like Tarzan sits at the table next to you. (No joke, it really was Tarzan. Dreads and all...) And the only other girl who packed her lunch forgot it at home. How convenient, right? And me, little miss plan-ahead. I packed my lunch last night, but guess what I did?! I put the Mickey applesauce in my lunch! You think that's a coincidence? If you do, you're wrong. It's the Disney magic. Then you get back from lunch and everything is different! Suddenly, you're on board for ANYTHING. And I mean anything. Your trainers say headgear and you're like, "Yeah! Headgear!!" They mention chinstraps, "Bring it on!" Oh yeah, and you have to wash off any makeup you had on and put on sweatbands and skull caps like a surgeon, "SWEET! Let's do it!"

Anyone else think I've lost my mind? I sure do. But who cares!!? I had so much fun! I became very acquainted with Mr. Pooh Bear today. He is such a sweet bear. He's so loveable and hug-able and he just makes you feel happy! I have a feeling he and I will be great friends! He is a sweetheart. He even does his best to keep me warm when I'm cold. I can tell he is going to be a good friend to have around. I also got to see some mischievous chipmunks today, a goofy dog, a sweet puppy, and a humble mouse. We all had such a great time together. It was like play time all afternoon.

It's pretty ironic that I finally decided to live on my own and "grow up" at the one place that you never grow up! (Besides Neverland) I get to play pretend every single day. Is that not awesome? I get paid to spend my day like the average 4-year-old. I'M SO EXCITED!

Winnie the Pooh always brightens my day. I hope he brightens yours too!

1 comment: