Saturday, August 18, 2012

One week down!

Alrighty, ladies and gentlemen, I have been in Orlando for a week now. I already feel like my head is going to explode. I have seen and heard so many new things that I almost can't believe it! This is such an overwhelming experience, but I am having so much fun!

After check-in on Monday, I had a housing meeting on Tuesday and then was off until Thursday. Thursday, I attended what is called "Traditions." Traditions is Disney's form of orientation. It's where you learn all about the company, take a quick tour, and receive your name tag and ID card. During Traditions, we also were rewarded any time we answered a question, so I got a little Daisy toy. :) I love my name tag, even though I will hardly get to wear it. We also got a surprise visit from Mickey, which was so exciting! Since I got my ID card at Traditions, I can now get into the parks whenever I want! That's super exciting. It's also an easy way to get a discount on pretty much anything in the Orlando area.

Yesterday, I had my Welcome to Entertainment class! It was so much fun! We got to learn all about the characters, see fun costumes, take a couple different tours and have tons of fun. Every day gets more and more exciting.


Today, my family and Michael headed back to Texas. I really didn't enjoy saying goodbye. I have been dreading this moment for weeks and weeks and finally last night I realized it was here. We all went to lunch together and nobody really said much. Especially me. I hardly ate because I was trying so hard not to be sad about the goodbye that was coming. After lunch, it was time to say goodbye. I knew if I wanted to be able to actually drive back to my apartment, it had to be quick, like ripping off a band-aid. So, I gave everyone a quick hug and quickly walked out to my car... in the rain. I only shed a few tears because I knew what I really needed was to be excited about the coming months. It wasn't as hard as I had thought it would be, so that's good. After I went home, I took a nice long nap and when I woke up, I went out with some of my roommates. (I say roommates even though they're technically my neighbors.) These girls are some of the nicest people. I can already tell that I am so lucky to have them around. We went to Hollywood Studios together for a few hours and then came home because everyone except me has to be up early tomorrow for training. I am so grateful that I did not have to sit alone at home all day.

I don't start training until Tuesday, so I'm definitely going to unpack tomorrow or Monday. And NO, I do not know what character I will be friends with yet. I wish I did :/ I'm still super excited for what is to come! I would like to leave everyone with one note:

There is only one Mickey Mouse! :)


4 comments:

  1. Missed you at CDE tryouts today!
    Glad to hear you're having a good time! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sad I wasn't there :( I am having a wonderful time here though.

      Delete
  2. Aww Ashley! I am loving this, I am so happy you are having a good time there! i miss you and I am reading your blog every time you post(:

    ReplyDelete