Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 1: Mobile, Alabama

Well, I have officially left McKinney, Texas. We headed out at about 10 this morning and after a long day in the car, we arrived in Mobile, Alabama! My family had to take 2 cars. My parents and brothers were in the rental car, while Michael and I took my car. I made sure to pack my Tinkerbell doll with me because every trip to Disney needs a little Pixie Dust! :) We spent the entire drive listening to all of the CDs I packed, so we haven't had to search for radio stations at all! That's always exciting because I hate finding a good station and then having it taken away by the static.
It took about five minutes of me driving to realize that road trips are not my thing if I have to drive. So.... Michael drove about 8 or 9 hours and I drove 1 or 2! Poor guy. I spent the majority of the time in the passenger seat, hugging my turtle pillow pet, and passing in and out of consciousness.

On top of all of that, the last half of the drive was accompanied by some lovely rain. Yay for us. It sprinkled for about 5 seconds and then poured about 5 hours. Just another reason for me to be happy I wasn't driving. Luckily, we finally made it to Mobile, Alabama and our hotel room is room 1111! I feel like that's a very good sign! Dad thinks I'm crazy, but hey, I figure you gotta take whatever help you can get!

We have another long day of driving ahead tomorrow so I think bedtime is fast approaching. I'm pretty sure Michael is already passed out because I made him drive so much today. Maybe I will buy him a cookie tomorrow or something :)

4 comments:

  1. Awhhh! Ashley, I'm so glad you're doing this blog. Makes me so happy! Safe driving! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Michael… you're so mean making him drive so much! Then again, he's the man in the situation so him driving does seem appropriate ;) Keep traveling safe & have fun with Turtle & the fam! P.S. I will read your blog every single time you post :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. I feel bad. But he is a better driver than me, so I really don't feel bad.

      Delete