Monday, September 3, 2012

Magic Kingdom with Sara Robbins!

Saturday, I finally had a day off! YAY! Since I hadn't been to the parks in a while, or seen my best friend, Sara and I decided to go to Magic Kingdom. We got a lot of things accomplished that day. The park is all decorated for Halloween. I've never been to Disney at this time of year, so that was very exciting to see.

We decided to make it an easy day because both of us were tired, but still wanted to be there. We mostly did things Sara had never done, which was great! We watched the castle show. I love watching that show when I can. I just like seeing all of the characters together. The whole time we were watching it, we were sweating to death. I felt like I was actually working. After it was over, we went on the search to find water. Sara suggested we go get a Dole Whip since neither of us had ever had one. So we headed off to Adventureland to go find one! After waiting in line for 5 or 10 minutes, we got up to the front and ordered 1 Dole Whip and 2 waters. Sara paid for it because she is nice. After she paid and got her Dole Whip, the lady taking care of us brought out another Dole Whip and our 2 waters! Yay for Magical Moments! So instead of sharing, we each got our own! It was so very exciting. After that, we rode Space Mountain. We love Space Mountain. Sara got to ride the front. Apparently that's a big deal for her! After that, we got Fast Passes for Peter Pan, which always involves a lot of waiting around. So we rode the train around the park and then went shopping for Mouse Ears. I finally found 2 Snow White pins!! I was very happy about this. I kind of want to start pin trading, but I also know it will become just another unhealthy obsession for me.We picked out our Mouse Ears. I picked Dumbo and Sara picked Minnie Mouse! We were so cute! After getting our ears, we watched Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! When the floats were leaving, Minnie Mouse blew a kiss our direction while I was taking pictures. When Sara got excited, Minnie nodded and pointed at Sara to let her know that she was the one the kiss was for. Minnie loved Sara's ears! That was pretty cool to see. I even captured a picture of Minnie blowing Sara a kiss!

Later, we watched Mickey's Philhar Magic, rode The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, rode the Peter Pan ride (Sara had never been on it, so it was extra special), watched the light show on the castle, and headed out. Right before leaving, I showed Sara my favorite building in the Magic Kingdom. It's difficult to see in the picture, I had a bad angle, but the upstairs of this building is made to look like a music and dance lessons studio. They have voice, piano, ballet, tap, and waltz lessons. If you come by at the right time of day, you will hear the lessons from the open window. So far, I have heard piano lessons and voice lessons. I think it is so cool that there was that much attention to detail put into this park. It's always exciting when I find something new!

Yesterday at work was overall nothing special. More people told me I should've been considered for a face character, only this time, they actually told me how I could make that happen. Apparently, I look like several Tinkerbell's that just went home. That's a good sign! Also, the new Tinkerbell movie is about to come out, so now Tinkerbell and her sister, Periwinkle, will be doing meet and greets. Periwinkle is supposed to be about the same size as Tink, with a little bit smaller build. You know, Tinkerbell and those hips. ;) (SIDE NOTE: I saw Tinkerbell's new outfit. It is SO CUTE!) I was told I could go to what is called a Face Type Out. It's only for cast members currently in Entertainment, and basically, casting just looks at you and decides if you would be a good face character, and if they think you will be, they fit you for that character. (hair, makeup, costume). Then they record you reading lines and send the video off to Disneyland for approval! I am definitely going to go to the face type out! Unfortunately, the date isn't posted yet, but hopefully it will be soon! My shift today is only five and a half hours. YAY! Oh, and next week I get to be friends with Grumpy, which is freaking awesome. You all have a magical day!
This picture is at Cinderella's Wishing Well. I sure do love the well, though I wish it was Snow White's because that would make more sense.

1 comment:

  1. Your first dole whip ever??? Oh wow! Did you like it? Always a must get for us. How exciting for you with all the new possibilities. I have a friend who LOVES Grumpy. I will have to tell her I know someone who is real life friends with Grumpy.

    Love that window too. I have heard tapping coming from it before - very cool!

    ReplyDelete