Thursday, September 6, 2012

Animal Kingdom with Sarah and Kali!

I had the day off yesterday, thank goodness! I got to sleep in! It was so nice. Sarah, Kali, and I went to Animal Kingdom since we were all three off. I had not been to Animal Kingdom as a guest since I got here. I've only worked there a bunch! It was nice to have a day to actually wander around! There were hardly any people there, so we didn't have to wait in line for anything! The only thing I wanted to do was go see Winnie the Pooh. So we headed over to the Boat Dock to see Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger. Pooh and Eeyore were so sweet. Tigger was disappointed that Sarah didn't have a Tigger pin on her lanyard. He still let her be in the picture though, so that's good! After meeting the characters, we headed over to DinoLand to ride the horrible Dinosaur ride. I hate that ride. It's so scary! Luckily, we didn't have to wait, so the anticipation didn't have much time to build. Regardless, I was still terrified. I don't care if it's just a ride. It's scary! And Disney knows how to make things look real when they aren't! We were in the Middle row. Kali has her eyes covered, Sarah isn't looking, and I had my hands up close to my face. So silly, but we were scared! After the Dinosaur ride, we went to the Restaurantosaurus for lunch. From there, we just started walking with no real plan for where we were going. We came across Expedition Everest which had no line, so we rode it twice! It was really fun, but twice was enough. I was happy to see that the Yeti was not out on a vacation. He does that sometimes. Next, we went on the Kilimanjaro Safari. Our driver was in training. Yay for new CPs! She did a good job. She pointed out pretty much everything there was to see. That's always nice. The ending of the safari was changed which made me happy. The whole part with the poachers was dumb, so I'm glad it is gone. From there, we headed back to Finding Nemo The Musical. I had never seen it before, so I was pretty excited. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I saw. The show was cool, but Beauty and the Beast will always be my favorite Disney show!

The park closed at 5, so we went to look around the Art of Animation Resort. Sarah and Kali had never seen it. I hadn't seen the Lion King section, so we headed over there first. It was really cool. The whole time you're over there, you hear music from the Lion King. I liked that! I sure do love my Disney music. We were able to get a little peak at the Little Mermaid section of the resort, which isn't open to guests just yet. It looks really cute. I just wish I could see it closer! We walked by the Finding Nemo pool, which was precious, and then glanced at the Cars area. Neither of the girls cared too much for Cars, and I had already seen everything, so we decided to skip it. We drove over to the Transportation and Ticket Center to hop on the monorail. We rode it over to the Polynesian Resort and then to the Grand Floridian. Sarah was looking for a certain souvenir she had bought at the Grand Floridian before, and Kali really wanted to see the Polynesian, so we did both! Unfortunately, we didn't find what Sarah was looking for, but we still got to see three resorts in one day! I would say that's a success!

I finally stocked up on all kinds of pain relieving things for my back! It's sad, but I'm actually excited. Whatever works, right? I'm off again today. Sara Robbins and I are going to a pool party at Vista Way in a little bit. We just want the free food. I know I'm going to the post office today with Kali, and maybe Cast Connection (the cast member discount store). After that, I'm probably going to clean the bathroom or something super exciting like that! I am sure everyone is SUPER jealous! I know I would be....

Thank you for reading and have a magical day!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had fun day! Even if the super awesome dinosaur ride scared you. :) Have fun at the pool party with Sara! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking HATE Dinosaur too! SO SCARY.
    You need to go see The Wilderness Lodge.
    You can take a boat there from The Contemporary!
    We'll be staying at the lodge over Christmas.
    Though we won't be in the main building, we'll be in the DVC area.

    I'd also suggest checking out Bay Lake Towers at The Contemporary.
    It's the DVC building. We stayed there two summers ago and it was freaking awesome.
    We had a perfect view of the MK fireworks every night from our balcony.
    & I just really love the design of Bay Lake Towers. =)

    ReplyDelete