Friday, September 21, 2012

Interactive Learning Program

I forgot to mention the class I'm taking. I had my first class on Tuesday morning. For Disney classes, you have to dress in professional attire every time you are in the classroom. Lucky for me, we are playing in the parks 4 times and resort hopping another. So we are only in the classroom 4 or 5 more times. YAY! Also, my teacher said she really doesn't care what we wear, but if a manager walks in and sees us not dressed properly, she won't stick up for us. I thought that was pretty funny. In my class, we are going to learn about a bunch of different factors that go into making Disney such a successful company. We talked about all of the different industries Disney has their name in. It's actually a bit frightening when you see all of it written together... There are 5 main categories: Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Walt Disney Studios, Media Networks, DIMG, and Merchandise.

Parks and Resorts is exactly what it sounds like. Theme parks, resorts, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, and the new Adventures By Disney! Walt Disney Studios is the movie-type things. Live action movies, animated movies, Broadway shows, and music. There are even other movie companies that Disney owns that nobody even realizes about. Then you have Media Networks. ESPN (all of the channels and radio stations), ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel (all of them), radio, books, and digital things like games. DIMG is the internet pieces. So the Disney website and what not. Lastly there is merchandise. We all know what that is and that there is a lot of it... How many movie companies have their own stores in shopping malls all over the world? Scary, right? Disney has their name in everything.... Even food! You can buy Mickey hamburgers!

I found out yesterday that I will be getting one day of training since my height range changed. I am very grateful for this. It was a bit scary being friends with Minnie Mouse, who is such an important character, having no training beforehand. So, on October 1st, I get to go back to training for a day to get everything cleared up. I still have to go through the next week a little blind, but at least I don't have to learn everything on the spot! AND I found out that my time off for when Michael is here and then when my family is here is still approved, even though I am in a different height range. I was a little worried about this because when you request time off in entertainment, you have to specify which character height range you are in to make sure there will be coverage for the days you requested.

I'm just so excited to never be with Pooh again. I know that is sad, but waking up every morning knowing I won't be spending the day in pain is such a relief. I think I'm going to love the class I'm taking. The professor was really fun and I love learning about Disney! I signed up for the Face Type Out. It is on October 9th, which is the day Michael leaves. Luckily, I have every Tuesday off for my class and my class isn't meeting that day! So I'm not missing work OR class for this! Yay!! I'm super excited. Even if I am not selected for a face role, at least I am trying. Michael gets here in 13 days!! I am so excited to see him. I know it hasn't been that long, but when you are used to seeing someone everyday and then you don't see them for weeks, it takes some adjusting. We are going to go to Universal while he is here. I think that will be a fun change of pace. Plus, I really want to go to the Harry Potter world! :) Tonight, I work from 6:15 to 12:30 and I will be friends with Grumpy again. It seems like I'm always going to be friends with Grumpy at the Halloween parties which is fine with me! I can sit on a stool for thirty minutes. I do not mind! Tomorrow I'm off! I'm so excited about that. I will probably do laundry or something like that. Maybe, I will be super daring and go to Epcot to ride Soarin' by myself! We shall see! Enjoy your Friday and have a magical day!

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING reading all your posts!! So glad you're enjoying it there, miss you tons though of course! Love you!

    ReplyDelete