Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Little Miss Marie!

Yesterday was a really fun day. I got to be friends with Marie! If you don't know, Marie is the white kitten from the Aristocats. She is very polite and proper and loves romance. Her mother, Duchess, has taught her to be a lady, which she takes very seriously. Marie greets guests in the France pavilion of World Showcase in Epcot. Princess Aurora, Belle, and Beast are also in France. This means we all shared a break room with each other. This is where my stories will come from this time. Both of them involve Beast. He's a mess.


In France, Belle goes onset first and 20 minutes later, Beast joins her. Before lunch, Beast said that he wanted to go onset looking all tough and animal-like. He decided the best way to achieve this would be by walking a bit like a monkey, with his arms flailing from side to side. His attendant and fellow performers discouraged this, mostly because we were afraid he would hurt himself. You know how much of a baby he can be when he gets hurt. Beast said that he wouldn't hurt himself and it would be fun. There's something you should know before I continue. Beast is HUGE. He's like 7 feet tall or something ridiculous like that. Keep this in mind. So Beast goes on set all animal-like and makes it all the way to the line of guests waiting for him with no issues. Unfortunately for him, he failed to notice the railing in front of him to guard the flower bed. I'm sure you can guess where this is going, but I will explain anyway. Beast trips on the railing, which is about 2 or 3 feet tall, and falls face first into the flower bed. But wait, it gets better. While he is leaning over the railing, his feet are both in the air, kicking back and forth. So here's Beast, 7 feet tall and huge, face first in the dirt with his feet in the air, completely stuck and unable to get up. When he finally gets his feet back on the ground, he stands up like nothing ever happened. Except for the cape having shifted a bit and the dirt in his teeth, you might have never even realized! Later, when he went to lunch, the guests in line in front of him were talking about Beast's little tumble into the flowers. Every time I hear or tell the story I can't help but crack up. It's too funny. Silly Beast.

After lunch, Beast and Marie have all of the same set times. This means that in a perfect world, we would go out at the same time. Since Beast takes such a long time to get ready and Marie only has a couple bows, Beast is usually running a little late. Right before our last set, Beast made a joke about chasing the little kitty on set. He acted like he was kidding, but I knew he really wasn't. When it was time for us to go out, I made sure to let him go first, followed by the attendants and then Marie. Unfortunately he caught on to my plan. So right before we actually walked onset, Beast steps aside like a gentleman and motions for the attendants to go ahead and then me. Dang it. I knew this wouldn't end well. I walked passed him, a little more quickly than I normally would walk and continued down the path to actually enter the guests' sight. The path we walk down has a restaurant on one side and lots of plants on the other, so guests can't really see us until we are completely out on the normal guest path. As soon as I make it into the guests' sight I hear this, "Thump, thump, thump, thump," behind me. Well crap. Within a second or two, Beast had tackled me and wrapped both of his arms completely around me. Me, precious, little, 5 foot tall, kitten, Marie. And him, monstrously huge, 7 foot tall, Beast! I heard a mixture of things around me. Some guests shrieked. I may have been one of them. Others laughed. All stared. Stupid Beast. Trying to scare a precious little kitty like that. I finally made it to my set location and forgot about that little fiasco with the beast. When my set was over, my attendant and I headed back to our offset location. As we were walking back I hear my attendant say, "Go Marie! Hurry!" I look to my left and see Beast running toward me AGAIN. Ugh, are you kidding me?? So I scurry along and make it to the path between the restaurant and plants before him. Lucky for me, Belle saw what was happening and put him back in check. HA! I made sure to give him a little wave to let him know that he had lost.

Then we got back to our offset location and went on with life like nothing had happened. Oh, but something had happened. Beast and I may never be friends now. I don't know how Belle deals with him.

Today, I had my class again. I don't really remember what we talked about. I'm sure I will remember later. Right now, I'm really tired though. After class, Sarah and I went over to Epcot so I could get a picture with Marie. She is leaving France next week and will instead be at Magic Kingdom. I don't understand the point of that, but that's okay! I wanted to make sure to get a picture with her in France since that is where she and I were friends. After meeting Marie, we walked around World Showcase. We got a snack from the bakery in France and then I got a chicken wrap from the restaurant in Morocco. That was super delicious. After that, we walked around some more and eventually decided to head back to the apartment. I think later tonight we will go see a movie or something, so that will be fun! I hope everyone is having a magical day!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your blog. I Know your father is incredibly proud of you. I love Disney and my kids interactions with the characters. You give a very compelling perspective. I can't wait to get back to the parks. hoping to meet up with your dad next month

    ReplyDelete