Friday, February 1, 2013

Michael is here!

I'm always so disappointed every time I take forever to write a new post. A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks, which is great! After my last post, my mom and her friend from work came to visit me. It was really great having them out here! I only had to work a couple times while they were here, so I got to spend a lot of time with them. I'm not going to lie, I don't remember every single thing we did, but I do remember most things! We went to all of the parks, watched Wishes and Fantasmic, walked around the Boardwalk, explored the Animal Kingdom Lodge, ate at Planet Hollywood, and I got a Duffy Bear! They were even able to come see me while I was working! I was hanging out with Marie that day. I always enjoy when people I know come to visit me! It was sad when she left, but she will be back again very soon!


Michael arrived the day before Mom left. I was so thrilled to finally have him here with me. I still am. His roommates are great. He is living in a two bedroom apartment in a complex called The Commons. Ordinarily, College Program people can not live in The Commons. It is reserved for the International College Program. Somehow, Michael and his roommates got lucky and they are able to live there! It is kind of fun because all of the people who live around him are from other countries. Great people watching! His three roommates are really nice. They let me hang out over there or tag along when they go places, so I'm happy about that. I can't remember if I have said it before, but Michael is working merchandise while he is here. He will be at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom. It is a huge gift shop. It makes a ton of money every day. He will be very busy, which is perfect for him. And he gets to pin trade, which means I get to pin trade!

Since Michael has been here, we have mostly just taken the time to get him all settled in. We have also watched a lot of movies. We finally got to see The Hobbit and Les Miserables. The Hobbit was very long and very slow. It was a beautifully produced film, and I feel that it laid the groundwork for the films to come, but it was slow nonetheless. Les Mis was incredible. I had never seen the stage production, so I didn't know entirely what I was getting into. I just knew a lot of people were going to die. It was a very good movie though. I would love to see it again.

On the day of Michael's check in, we had dinner at Chef Mickey's. I've worked there several times, but had never been able to go as a guest, so I was really excited to experience it from the other side of things. Right off the bat, Pluto and Goofy came and sat with us. They were very excited to see me. They sat with me instead of going into the kitchen like they were supposed to. It made me really happy. It was so much fun to see all of the characters, but Goofy and Pluto made the night special. It really makes me happy when the characters remember me. Everything is more fun when that happens!

Last night, Michael and I went to a housing event. I think he and I should try to go to them as often as we can. Free food is always nice. Last night's event was a "Winter Wonderland" so they had fairies! I was really excited about this. I just love the fairies so much! The free food last night was pizza. So Michael and I got our allowed two slices and went to find a place to sit. We found a table with several open seats and Michael decided he should show me how to make friends, since I'm apparently not very good at it. After asking if the seats were taken, we sat down and he began talking. He asked the two guys already sitting there what their names were, where they were from, where they live, where they would be working. It was like watching the gears in a clock all rotating together. Those two guys ended up sitting there, talking to us and any new people that sat down for the whole night. The other half of the table went through three different groups of girls before we actually made some new friends. Three girls from Australia and one guy from New Zealand sat down and talked to us for a long time. By this time, two of Michael's roommates had joined us. We all sat there and talked to at least 45 minutes before deciding to migrate over to the fairy line. There were ten of us total. We waiting in the line to meet the fairies for at least an hour. It was insane. When we got in line, Tinkerbell and Periwinkle were out. While we were there, they switched with Rosetta, Vidia, and Terrance, and by the time we actually got to the front of the line, Tink and Peri were back out. Our interaction lasted about 5 seconds because the line really needed to get moving, but I was still really happy to get the picture! Sometimes I wish I could grow wings and fly away to Neverland. Maybe one day!

Tonight Michael is making dinner. It is so nice that I have people to keep me company now. I just need to learn to use my camera more often! I haven't gotten a single picture of just Michael and I since he arrived. I need to work on this. In two weeks I am attending a face audition. Everyone please cross your fingers for me. I really want this to go well. But for now, I'm going to go have some dinner! Everyone have a magical evening!

2 comments:

  1. You look more like a fairy than the two girls that are actually dressed as fairies! I hope the people at the face audition see that, too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope something comes of this!

      Delete