Thursday, November 1, 2012

Finally friends with Piglet!

Hello, everyone! I will talk about my family's visit some other time. I PROMISE! I'm super exhausted though, so I will just quickly talk about the last two days! Side note, I FINALLY got to meet Snow White after being here for 3 months... I thought this picture was so cute, so I decided to share it here.


Yesterday I was friends with Donald Duck at Chef Mickey's, which is at the Contemporary Resort. I had a ton of fun. Since it was Halloween, the restaurant wasn't too busy. Thank goodness! There were a couple times where I made it all the way around the restaurant two or three times in one set. That very rarely happens on a normal day! During my next to last set, there was a boy wearing a Sorcerer Mickey hat. It was a little big on him, so I pulled it down to cover his eyes. He and his family laughed. So naturally, I did it again. And again. And again. Once I was done with that, I moved on to the next few tables. One of the tables had a foreign family at it. The grandpa at the table told me to stop messing around. So of course I put my hands on either side of my head and wiggled my fingers around, like little kids do when they say, "nanny nanny boo-boo." The kids at the table all did the same thing with their hands. It was pretty funny to see how easily I started that. I finished my set and went back to the break room. During my next set, I made it all the way around the restaurant in about 20 minutes. When I got back to the area where the foreign family and the Sorcerer Mickey boy were, I was pretty excited. They were all still there! This means that A) I could take my time because I had already seen all of the people in the restaurant and B) I could mess with them again! I pointed to the boy with the Mickey hat from across the restaurant. Then I waddled over (because ducks waddle) and pulled his hat down. Gently, if you were wondering. Donald is a nice duck. He just likes attention. The little boy's sister was LOVING it! I walked over to her and tickled her a little and then pulled the boy's hat back down. After pulling his hat down a few more times, I offered my hand to him. Truce. Then I went to the corner where the foreign family had been sitting. When I realized it was the same family, I waited until the grandpa was looking and I stuck my hands on either side of my head again. He started laughing. People LOVE when characters remember them. I played around with them for a bit and then continued my rotation around the restaurant. When I received my five minute warning, I saw a couple more tables and hurried back across the restaurant because I saw that the Sorcerer Mickey family was leaving. I pulled his hat over his eyes one last time, just for giggles and then gave him a hug. I was having so much fun.

This morning, on my way to work. I noticed that the Magic Kingdom sign at the toll booth had been painted. I was pretty excited because I never liked how the sign looked before. It used to be pink, blue, and purple and it looked very dated. Now it is bright blue and gold and it looks wonderful! Anyway.... Today I was friends with Piglet at Crystal Palace. I used to have very negative feelings about Crystal Palace, but now I love it! I'm actually excited to go back next week. Crystal Palace is the one dining location where each character gets their own attendant. It's wonderful! It's so helpful to have someone around to help you figure out which table to go to next. By my last set, Piglet had seen all of the guests in the restaurant. So we got to play in the middle of the restaurant! Piglet spent a lot of time running around with his arms out like an airplane. A pig flying. Get it? Like when pigs fly?! No? Alright. Well anyway, after that some little girls wanted to dance with me, so we danced until it was time for me to go in! It was so much fun. It was exactly what I needed today.

Tomorrow I have to wake up insanely early. I am friends with Mickey at Ohana breakfast. This is probably my least favorite shift ever. I'm just hoping it goes smoothly. Then I have a 6 hour break and then one set tomorrow night at Pete's Silly Sideshow, friends with Donald. It's going to be a long day. I plan to nap in the middle!


I applied last night for my DCP extension. I picked the 4 roles that I would like to be considered for as 1. Character Attendant, 2. Concierge, 3. Character Performer (Current Role), and 4. Hospitality (Resort front desk). I made the decision to not choose Character Performer as my top priority. If I am selected to extend my program, I would like to be selected for a role that gives me an opportunity to interact with the guests in a different way. I absolutely love me job, don't get me wrong. And I know that this is an experience I will not get anywhere else. But I never get to talk to guests, ask where they are from, give out Mickey stickers, and tell people how much fun I have here. At the same time, I don't want to not be selected to extend just because I want a different role. That's why I included my current role in my list of choices. I am really, really, really hoping I get to extend. It would be so great to be here for another semester with Michael! If I am selected, my new end date will be May 10. I am also hoping I can do another College Program in the future and/or come back as a full-time, part-time, or seasonal cast member. It would be awesome to come back and be able to do shows, parades, or face roles! It's so difficult to be considered for anything as a CP since we are here for such a short time. It is almost not worth the time it would take to train us for anything since we are only here for between four and seven months. But if I were to be here long term, it would be different! I will hear back about my extension between November 19 and 27, so keep your fingers crossed!

All of that being said, I am exhausted and have to be up SUPER early. Therefore, I need to go to bed 3 hours ago. Goodnight everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I will keep my fingers crossed for you - hope you get the extension.

    ReplyDelete