Friday, November 16, 2012

Basically, I love Minnie Mouse.

This week has been great. Sunday, I was finally reunited with my favorite character, Minnie Mouse! I have missed her dearly, so it was wonderful to spend time with her again. You all know how much I adore her. I'm super excited because I'm friends with her today too! Monday, Sarah and I went to the store and then she went to work and I took Kayla to the doctor. She was having some ankle problems and doesn't have a car here.

Tuesday I had both of my Disney classes. My morning class was almost pointless. It was a wonderful opportunity, and had the potential to be great, but it ended up being a big waste of time. We were supposed to spend the day resort hopping and learning all about the various themes at the resorts. What we really ended up doing was spending about 20 minutes at each of two different resorts and spending about 3 hours on Disney buses or waiting for the buses. My group and I visited the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Coronado Springs. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is the resort right next to Disney's Animal Kingdom where guests can see various wild animals. It was very cool to see the resort, but since we were on such a time crunch, we didn't really get to look around as much as I would have liked to. Lucky for me, I am finally making friends! So my friend Hayden and I will go back to see some resorts again. It's really nice to have a friend now. It has taken a while, but it finally happened! So yay! After resort hopping, I went home and took a nap and then headed off to my evening class. In this class, I learned all about Epcot. We discussed when it opened, what it was like, what it was supposed to be like, and much more. It was very interesting to hear about what Walt had envisioned. His idea was to have an entire city with shops, apartments, and hotels completely enclosed by a dome. The city was supposed to be climate controlled and on the "third level" of Epcot Center. The first two levels would be where service trucks and cars would be driven. On the third level, residents and guests would use public transportation which would consist of the monorail and the peoplemover. A lot of people really wish that Epcot had been created this way, but I like it the way it is.

After class, Sarah and I went to Target to get some inexpensive Christmas decorations. Her family had given us some things while they were visiting last month, but I wanted to see if we could find anything else with a low budget. Really, I just love Christmas and want to see it at our apartment too! In the $1 section, I found lots of "A Christmas Story" merchandise. This amused me quite a bit. I also bought the movie that night because I have been wanting to watch it for a while now! We ended up purchasing a small black tree, red, silver and black ornaments, a red star, and a red tree skirt. I was really excited about this. With the red and silver garland Sarah's family gave us, it looks wonderful! We also got a few more decorative things. When we got home, we turned on the Christmas Radio on Pandora and decorated our little apartment! It was so much fun. I love Christmas.

Wednesday, I was friends with Mickey at Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is all decorated for Christmas already also. It's pretty cute. At Camp Minnie-Mickey, where you meet the classic Disney characters, there are several Christmas trees, wreaths, garland, and bows in each kiosk. Likewise, the characters are dressed in Christmas attire! Mickey wears a green Christmas sweater, red pants, and a Santa hat! The guests loved his Christmas attire. He received lots of compliments all day. Wednesday night, after work, Sara Robbins and I went to Thanksgiving dinner! The housing committee had dinner catered for all of the College Program participants. It was so good. We also got to meet Mickey and Minnie and they were dressed in Thanksgiving attire. It was super cute. I really enjoyed spending my Thanksgiving with my best friend from back home. We are the closest thing each other has to family here, so it makes sense that we spent the holiday together. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to spend time with Sara. She and I don't see each other as often as I would like.

Yesterday, I was a spare at Epcot. I started my day with Mickey at the VIP Visa location. I did three sets there and then spent a couple hours sitting on a bench, waiting to be sent somewhere or given something to do. Finally, at about 6:15 I was told to go to the UK where Piglet and Eeyore would be making a guest appearance because Tigger and Pooh needed to go check on Christopher Robin. They were so cute together. Guests were very excited to see them. They didn't quite understand how exciting it was though. Guests can't meet Piglet anywhere except Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace is a restaurant, so the only way to meet the characters is to eat there. It is extra special that Piglet and Eeyore were together last night. I had a lot of fun with it. Piglet is so cute. Everyone thinks he is a girl, but I really don't care.




Today I am friends with Minnie Mouse at Pete's Silly Sideshow. Minnie is a poodle trainer there. She wears a tiara that is very sparkly. I like it. I'm excited to work with her tonight! I hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful day! Have a lovely weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment