Saturday, December 29, 2012

Part 1 is almost over!

I have almost survived Christmas! The parks have been insane this week. Magic Kingdom has reached capacity every day since Monday. Rides that normally have a 20 or 30 minute wait have had 2 hour wait times. Every area of the park has people standing shoulder to shoulder and each quick service restaurant has a team of cast members specifically assigned with the task of seating guests. I have never seen the parks this busy. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but there are a ton of people. I am never coming here as a guest during this time of year. Ever. I don't know why anyone thinks it's a good idea. I understand not wanting your kids to miss school, but my goodness. This is madness. It took me over an hour to get to work yesterday and it normally takes 20 minutes. Hopefully by the end of next week, everything will clear out. Unfortunately, when that happens, all of the Fall CP's are leaving. Everyone leaves next week. If I hadn't extended, I would be coming back home next Friday. It's crazy to think about. I'm so glad things have played out the way they have. I'm not ready to leave this place. I still have so many adventures to take on. I'm very lucky to have been given the opportunity to stay. I know I am truly blessed. And even better, I will have Michael here with me. That's the best part. I feel so much more complete when he is around. Only 3 more weeks! And in 2 and a half weeks, my mom will be here to visit again! Yay! I got Michael's hotel booked last night and he booked his flight also! Everything is falling into place. I'm sad that everyone leaves next week, but I am so excited for what is to come.


I worked every day this week except Christmas. It is difficult to recall anything that happened because it has been such a long week. I can say that next week's pay check will be AWESOME. Yay! On Christmas day, Sarah and I opened the gifts our families had sent us. Sarah had also gotten me Mary Poppins because I had never seen it. I must say, it is one of the best movies ever made. I really liked it. I have already watched it twice this week. Also, Mom sent me the new Tinkerbell movie, Secret of the Wings. I watched it last night and loved it. It is a very cute movie. On Christmas night, the DiFranco family took me with them on a Fireworks Cruise. At around 9:00, we got on a boat at the Wilderness Lodge and then the captain took us all around Bay Lake and then we watched the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from on the water. It was very cool to see. It was also really nice to be around people who weren't pushing or pulling on me. I am very grateful that they invited me to go with them. They seemed to enjoy the stories I had to tell and I really liked spending time with them. This makes me even more excited for Michael to be here. I miss having the kind of human interaction I used to have. Since it has been so difficult for me to make friends here (and make everyone's schedules work), I don't really get as much human interaction as I would like, and that's something I feel like I need. I have been a lot better lately though! And I know this next part of my program will be even better. I'm so glad to be staying here. I am very lucky.

Now I am headed to work again. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley we had a wonderful time with YOU! We loved your stories about working for Disney. For those of us who are huge Disney fans - learning what it is really like to be a part of the magic is a privilege. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete