Thursday, December 13, 2012

My visit home.

Wow. It has been almost a month since I last updated my blog. That is so disappointing. To anyone who reads my blog, I'm so sorry I left you hanging. I'd say I'm a bit over due for an update. I'm gong to try to recall anything that has happened since then...

I got to spend some more time with Minnie Mouse.

I am now approved in Vanellope. She's the little girl in Wreck It Ralph. She's hilarious. I really hope she and I can hang out soon.

I saw Neil Patrick Harris.

I saw Phillip Phillips.

I saw Nick Cannon.

I went to the Disney Parks Christmas Parade filming.

I saw Breaking Dawn Part 2.

I went to the Disney College Program Winter Formal.

I colored my hair back to red.

I went home!

I am so glad I was able to go back home for a week. Right after I told my family I was coming home, I changed my flight information so I would still be able to surprise everyone. I walked in the house and my dad looked a little confused, but very happy. After hanging out with him for a little while, he called mom and asked her to meet him for lunch. Instead of him, she met me. Then she and I went back to her work and decorated the Christmas tree. I love the people she works with, so it was a lot of fun to be able to see everyone. I was able to visit almost everyone I wanted to see while I was home. It was really nice to see everyone I hadn't seen since August, and to see Michael and my family again. And my dog! I went to eat at Pluckers, the restaurant Michael works at, and meet all of his work friends and managers. I ate at Razzoo's, the restaurant I worked at before leaving for Florida. I sure have missed their food. It was super yummy. It was nice to see the people I used to work with. I have missed them. I went to the NorthStar Holiday Tea. The NorthStars is the drill team I was a part of in high school. I also went back to my high school to talk with the office staff. I love those ladies. They are so nice and are a big part of why I enjoyed high school.

Side note: I only took 3 pictures the entire time I was home. I FAILED.

By Wednesday morning, I was really wishing I could just stay home. I love Disney and I love my job here, but I do really miss my home and my family. Now that I'm back in Orlando, I'm fine, but I'm definitely counting down the days until Michael checks in. (There are 39.) I'm sad because everyone I know here is leaving in three weeks and I will be alone for a couple weeks before Michael gets here. I'm hoping those two weeks go by pretty quickly. I'm just so excited for him to be here. I do have things along the way to look forward to though! Sunday is my 20th birthday. It doesn't really matter too much because I'm working, but it is happening, so I guess that's cool! Sarah and I are going to try to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party next Tuesday. A couple families from back home are visiting next week and the week after. I'm hoping I can spend time with them while they are here. Christmas is in a couple weeks. The New Year begins soon after. Then I move into my new apartment, wherever that may be. Everyone I know goes home. Mom and her friend Heather come to visit. And Michael gets here! Lots to look forward to! I have to go to the Programs Office on Saturday to fill out some paperwork about my next semester here. I'm going to beg them to let me live alone. I'm not sure how well it will go, but it's worth a shot, right? I haven't been able to find a roommate, and I really wouldn't mind living alone, so I'm going to give it a try.

Sarah and I went to the Disney College Program Graduation Service Celebration today! We got Mickey ears and a fancy certificate. Tonight I made myself dinner. This is a huge deal if you know anything about me. I made chicken, stuffing, and white rice with cream of chicken soup. It was super yummy. I was very proud of myself. Now I am going to head to bed. I have to actually get up and go to work tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing very well and having a lovely holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment