Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sofia the First!

Last Friday, I went to Disney's Hollywood Studios with Carly and Justin. We had a really fun day experiencing the new Frozen attractions and meeting characters. Rather than write about the entire day right this second, I'm going to go through my experience meeting Sofia the First. I am going to tell this story with pictures because A) I have pictures and B) it's funny. We're just going to pretend the quotes I offer for Sofia are what she was actually thinking. It's funnier that way.

Let me begin the story with this: Justin, Carly, and I were leaving the backstage cafeteria area after having lunch. We had just become visible to guests when we saw Princess Sofia walking toward us. We all said hi to Sofia when all of a sudden, she nearly knocked me over hugging me. Clearly, Sofia was happy to see me. She didn't really let go of me, so I walked backstage with her. I could already tell she was spending the day with my friend, Dal. I walked with Sofia until we were out of guest sight and promised I would come visit her later.

3 hours later....

Justin, Carly, and I all waited in line with the little girls between the ages of 2 and 6 to meet Princess Sofia. After about 20 minutes, it was my turn.

Sofia: Oh my goodness! It's Ashley again!


Sofia: We should hug!


Sofia: Yes. Hugs are good!


"Sofia, you look beautiful! I love your dress."


Sofia: Too much praise!


Sofia: Oh wait, I am happy to see you.


"I really love your dress."


Sofia: We're talking about my dress still?


Sofia: Honey, stop worrying about my dress.


Sofia: Seriously. Like, you're making this really awkward.


"Just a little awkward."


"Maybe I could borrow your dress. Do you have an extra?"


Sofia: Girl.


Sofia: Seriously.


Sofia: Enough with the dress. I can't deal with you.


Sofia: Why does she insist on talking about my dress?


Sofia: She just goes, "talk, talk, talk, talk," like a little parrot.


Sofia: No more talking.


Sofia: Maybe if we hug, you'll be less awkward.


Sofia: There you go.


Sofia: Let's take a picture. Stand like this!


Sofia: Cheese!


Cheese!


Sofia: Why are you still saying cheese?


Sofia: Hug again because you're still being awkward!


Sofia: You're just SO awkward!


Sofia: But it's okay because I love you.


Sofia: See? With my heart!


Sofia: Hi friends!




Sofia: Bye bye, awkward nugget!



4 comments:

  1. LOL! This one totally cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I Loved Meeting Sofia when I went to Disney!

    ReplyDelete