Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Officially official.




Good evening everyone! After several trips to Target, Wal-Mart, and Downtown Disney, I am officially all moved in and settled into my new home in Florida! I spent last week making my way to Florida with my best friends and then getting things situated. We had no trouble on the way to Florida and were even able to make a trip to Destin to visit the beach! It was beautiful, but eventually the rain came and we had to be on our way.
 
Upon arriving in the Orlando area, we immediately began getting things situated in my new home. My mom was nice enough to ship the majority of my belongings for me so there would be space in my car for people to sit comfortably! I know we all greatly appreciated that! When we were finished unpacking, or just needed a break, we would go visit various Disney resorts to keep ourselves entertained. Emma and Eboni had never seen these resorts, so it was fun to show them something "Disney" without paying "Disney prices." We did celebrate our arrival to Orlando by making a trip to the Polynesian Resort for a meal at O'hana! O'hana is an all you can eat, family style restaurant that serves some delicious Hawaiian food! We all loved it. A couple days later, we went to a character breakfast at the Beach Club Resort! I wanted the girls to be able to meet a few characters before they left. It was such a good time. I'm so grateful for all the help they provided in this transition!

After a fun filled week, it was time for the girls to return home. They headed back to Texas on Friday morning and I met up with one of my Disney friends to catch up! I called it an early night though because I was going to have a bit of an early start Saturday morning. Saturday was... TRADITIONS DAY! Yay!! Traditions meant that my time with Disney would be resumed and I would officially be hired on as a full-time Cast Member! All during Traditions, I still didn't quite feel like it was official. Even on Sunday, during my Welcome to Operations class, it didn't feel real. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon, during Welcome to Entertainment, that I started to feel like I was actually back at Disney for real. 


I had Monday off, so I was able to go to Magic Kingdom and then Epcot with a couple new friends from my orientation classes. It feels so great to be able to get into the parks again, no questions asked, at no expense. We rode various rides and pointed out various things to each other in the different parks. I always like meeting new people at Disney. There are so many opportunities to learn from them. 

Again, we called it an early night because today, the real fun began. My new friends and I had to be up early this morning to begin our new adventure. We had already had enough fun just getting to know each other, but it's only going to get better. My friend, Brittany, is going to be friends with Anna from Frozen! And Justin is going to be friends with Flynn Rider! And then I'm going to be friends with Tinker Bell! So much excitement between the three of us. But for now, we need to become better acquainted with some of our other friends. So for today, we spent a lot of time with Mickey, Dale, and Goofy! Later in the week, I do believe Minnie Mouse will be making an appearance, which I CAN NOT WAIT FOR! I've missed Minnie so much! Even today, I realized I missed Mickey more than I thought! We were backstage all day, so we aren't seeing guests just yet. That happens Thursday. Starting Sunday, we are on our own completely! I already feel so comfortable. I can't wait to be back to making magic every day. I'm spending all of next week with Mickey. Hopefully I get to meet Tink soon! 

Regardless of what happens, I feel more comfortable here than I ever have. And that is such a great feeling. I can't wait to make some more magic!



2 comments: